Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Search is OVER!

I have found a troll!! During our canyon hike, I came upon him. According to Icelandic troll legend, if a "little person"/troll/fairy stays out past sunrise, they are made into pillars of rock. Trolls in Iceland are of the naughty and tricky in nature and love to haunt people and play jokes. But they must come inside once the sun rises. The good Iceland fairy will turn those bad trolls into rocks. How about these trolls! Can you see them? With these rock formations, I can really see how these people can be spooked into seeing gnomes!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

MaryJo,

These are great pictures! I think this would be a good location for Bryan's company to have a convention since they are in the geology field.

See you soon!

stacy said...

Hey! They must have been vrey bad trolls. Creepy rock faces!

Unknown said...

Wow all the photos are awesome! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Where is the ice in Iceland? These pictures look like if you are in Hawaii. I have seen those trolls in the Lord of the Rings.

Unknown said...

Janine Said:
MJ once again you have amazed me. I just read through the entire blog this a.m. WOW! I really enjoyed all the pictures as well as your commentaries.

emmieo said...

that is great

Anonymous said...

He must have been a REALLY bad troll to be such a big and UGLY rock!

Can you find others?

V E R Y interesting folklore there!

Enjoy!

Debbie Scott