Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting Prepared

The clock is ticking down and final preparations are underway. Since I am new to blogging, I figured that I better give this a test run before I hit the road! Hopefully, that road will bring me internet access!

I leave for Iceland on Saturday morning with at 9:30 am flight out of Tulsa. With a stop in Chicago, a 5 hour layover in New York, a five hour flight to Reykjavik, and a five hour change in time zones, I will arrive in Iceland at 6:20 am on Sunday morning. We have a full day of activities planned on Sunday, so I definitely will be tired on Sunday night. I am figuring that this exhaustion will help acclimate me to the 3 hours of darkness that is Iceland nights!

Weather reports for Iceland forcast highs in the 60's. Sorry about that Tulsa - have fun with that Heat Advisory! I am hoping for clear enough skies and enough darkness to see the Northern Lights. That is doubtful for this time of year though.

Well the bags are getting packed (and I seem to have a small stow-away!). Hopefully the next post will be from Iceland!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!
You might check your other bags for stow-aways.
I haven't seen Zach for awhile.

Jamie Z said...

Have fun. STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Othon!!
I haven't seen you in FOREVER!!
I hope your flight went well. Remember, I want to see a picture of you in front of a gnome church!!

Anonymous said...

We thought about you today...wondering, "Just where is Iceland anyway?"
We'll be looking at the globe to find you!
One of us will be checking on your trip everyday!
That stow-away can land at our house anytime!
Have a great time and take LOTS of pictures!

Don't forget us "Okies"!

BrotherElmer said...

Hey God Speed. Be safe and be smart - you got a lot to come home to. Do me a favor send me some ice. - Damn, I keep forgetting - Green cold - Ice warm.

Go figure -

Brother Elmer

BrotherElmer said...

Could not help but think - now I know the real reason you didn't come to Southlake for the 4th. Saving all you money for Iceland beer and hot partying nights. 1000's of miles vs. a couple hundred - and were family.

Guess I'm jeoulous - have fun - buy me something.

Hope said...

MJ!!!
Looking forward to the updates! I do not envy you on that Sunday schedule...... jet lag and me are NO GOOD!
I'll be checking........

emmieo said...

i hope u are having fun. make shour to get a picture of a puffen

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo,

Hope you made it safe and sound. I'm sure you're busy and trying to get somewhat adjusted.

Have a wonderful time and we're thinking of you. Can't wait for pics and updates on your trip.

Tom & Lin

P.S. BTW, we are in no way related to Elmer! Hehehehee